Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Keep Falling...

The scene remains etched in my memory like a beautiful dream that I never want to forget… A tuxedo-ed young man drenched in the rain enters a restaurant where his muse is having dinner… with her fiance…

He walks up to her and asks, ‘Would you like to dance?’... she gazes at him... and obliges. Oblivious to the social norms being broken with every swirl, to the extent of seeming insane, the young lovers waltz in total silence. The dance climaxes into moments of intense passion.

No, this is not a scene out of Sachin Bhandary’s life - as much as I wish it were - but something I witnessed as a teenager in a Colaba talkies. Based on a Charles Dickens novel, ‘Great Expectations’, the movie that saw Gwyneth Palthrow torment Ethan Hawke. To this date it reminds me, that there is no feeling as intense, as intoxicating, as that of being madly in love.

To love or not to love, well, is not even the question…..for love itself is the answer…

Who am I to talk about love, you may ask? I am every one. Like most of you, I’ve been in love. Like a few of you, I’ve been in love not once but many times over.

And I’ve been lucky, to have been loved, by some of the most amazing women known to me. But then, I’ve also been a tragedy, losing all of them either to other men or to my own stupidity. There were a few whom I loved for fleeting moments, at a certain place, at a certain time; one who danced like a dream in a far away land.

And, today, I want to remind each one of you that it is important to keep falling

Keep Falling - for Love is a real dream:

Imagine the way you feel when you fall in love! Everything around you seems so beautiful, so dream-like: as if you are floating on a light cloud. That one phone call makes your day. Your otherwise dull, drab workplace starts seeming like a paradise when you bump into the special someone at the coffee machine.

Someone rightly said ‘You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep. For reality is finally better than your dreams’.

Don’t you think it’s worth falling in love for this one reason? To turn this life into a beautiful reality???

Keep falling for love is the best energizer:

Every time I fell in love, I stepped out a better, stronger person. My relationships enriched my life in many ways- one taught me to travel, another to embrace the world without cynicism; few others made me realize that I am an attractive person. However my mother feels otherwise , and she thinks that these pretty girls were actually sympathising with me.

Friends you would have heard that behind every successful man there is a woman, but I feel behind every successful person there is a partner. Dont you agree?

True, mutual love energises partners to become better in many different ways- emotionally, socially, financially, physically and spiritually as well. So, get together with your partner, dream together and bring them to lovely reality. Together.

Keep falling for love makes this life worthwhile:

Imagine this life without love? There would be no soul stirring poetry or sublime rock ballads or even tear-jerker movies which we all love to watch.

Without love, life would be tasteless, materialistic and even trivial. For deep inside, all of us want to grow old with someone and that’s why our hearts sigh with emotion when we spot a graceful elderly couple holding hands in a park.

The naysayers will say there is a corollary to this; that love hurts sometimes, that it leaves a wound that cannot be healed.

But what is a life lead without its fair share of sweet melancholy? Love in all its forms is but what the heart yearns for. Love is the reason why it wants to beat.

The beauty & benefits of love far outweigh the occasional heart break and if looked at in the right way, even these rejections propel us to grow, to enrich our lives.

So, all you lovely people why don’t you go back and give a sweet surprise to your loved one? Today and every day of your life…

And for the ones like me, who have been a victim of serial monogamy … let’s just wait in positive anticipation… And when life offers the chance, don’t worry about whether there is music playing.
Walk up to that woman and ask her…

‘Would you like to dance in this ballroom…..called life?’

No comments:

Post a Comment